Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Days 15 &16 ~ Sarah

So, I've still kind of been following her plan because I already went grocery shopping and bought all the stuff for the week. I really wanted a cookie on monday but I didn't do it. I'm a few pounds shy of my pre pregnancy weight. I'd really like to get there. Its higher than what I like to be at in real life, but at the current moment, I'd love to be there!

Day 15
B- blueberry mufflins
L- tuna with avocado and peppers
D- spinach blueberry and strawberry salad (w/ paleo salad dressing)
sn- blueberry muffins
sn- larabar

Day 16
B- Blueberry Avocado smoothie
L- Chicken salad wrap
D-Chicken and asparagus
sn- Chocolate
sn- probably a smoothie

So, here is a breakfast that I tried last week and I really liked it. So did Ellie.

Almost Oatmeal

Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready: 15 min
Yields: 2 bowls

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar free applesauce
4 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg

Instructions:

In a small pan combine all ingredients.
Heat the mixture, stirring it continuously.
For flavor add nutmeg.
Serve hot.


Since it makes 2 servings and I didn't want to reheat one the next day (mostly because I know I would have eaten it all), I only made a single serving but, I used the whole 1/2 cup of applesauce. Also, I didn't time anything, but I know I didn't cook it for 10 minutes. I bet you could make it in the micro too if you're in a hurry.


Here is the dressing I used:
Agave Balsamic Dressing
-          2 tablespoons olive oil
-          3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
-          2 tablespoons agave
-          Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation:
In small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, agave and seasoning.
-          Place in refrigerator and chill dressing.
-          Serve

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipes! I def want to try the applesauce stuff! where do you get coconut milk- in the refrigerated section or in an aisle? I did have a huge binge (like what kj was saying) so I have a renewed will power and gone back to her meals, but after this week I will try to find some new healthy paleo recipes :) I just dont want to completely revert to my old habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude Tare! We have about a week and a half left. I'm excited to see how we all feel after, and how we all change things afterward.

    I got coconut milk in the milk section by the almond milk. You can, of course, use almond milk instead of coconut.

    ReplyDelete