Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 4- Carrie

So, Brad came home this morning, which was mighty exciting for all of us.  He took the boys to school and I ate my breakfast.  Tare, I feel the same about my breakfast.  I've been having the eggs, bacon, and avocado and really like it a lot, but was ready for a change so I made eggs with diced tomatoes, spinach, and onions.  This was really good too and I think I'll stick with it for the next few days.

When Brad got home I filled him in on what he missed the last couple of days.  I didn't even know anything was bothering me.  I've actually been in really hight spirits lately.  It's been fun to communicate with my sisties and I've been really productive and just feeling great, so it was a surprise to me when, as I was telling him about conference, I started to feel so inadequate.  And talking about it leads to more things that I didn't realize were even on my mind.  Anyway, it was good to talk about it.  Sometimes I just need to cry and release negative feelings, and get on with my life.  I have felt a little 'down' the rest of the day but I'm fine.

So, after our talk, I did the yoga workouts for today and did the push-ups since I hadn't done them yet.  And I did a few things from a pull-up challenge that I'm starting!  I was looking around on Pinterest and found this schedule to get you to be able to do an unassisted pull-up by the end of the month and I decided to do it because I already had a pull-up goal and figured this would help me achieve it.  I'm way excited about it, so I'll add these small workouts in each day!

I was really tired after my workout so I had my snack right away.  I knew I was going to have fruit for lunch, so I changed the snack to the celery and sunflower butter.  and I had a small handful of raisins.  I had lunch soon after because I felt like I need more food (looking back, I don't know why I didn't have a protein shake again).  I planned to have the salad again today because it was just so yummy, and I didn't make extra salmon last night to have with lunch today, so that worked.

I felt a little tired in the afternoon (that probably wouldn't have been the case if I had taken a protein shake) but I had my second snack around 3:30, went visiting teaching, and came home to make dinner.  I had the spaghetti squash with broccoli and chicken.  I added some organic diced tomatoes because I just couldn't eat it without sauce.  I don't know if that's allowed but I need the meals to be interesting enough or I won't eat them.  Two seconds after dinner, I ran to the fridge for a square of chocolate and it tasted divine.

What I LOVE about this 'diet' (maybe I'll call it a lifestyle because I hope to make it into one for myself) is that it really seems doable.  I think, because we're allowed to have healthy fat in every meal, it fills us up and keeps us from craving sweets and junk.  It hasn't been a huge struggle for me to stick to.  It definitely takes discipline but it's been way less effort than I expected.  Never have I tried to eliminate any foods, without giving up after a day or two.  We're on day 4 and I'm going strong!!  Also, when I get stressed or tired, I ALWAYS run to the kitchen for something to comfort me.  Didn't even feel the urge today, after having a crying session!  That's huge.


No comments:

Post a Comment