Sunday, January 22, 2012

Who's in?

There's a 30 day fitness challenge on BodyRock that I think I might start tomorrow. It looks [EXTREMELY] hard, but I think I'm going to take the challenge, just doing what I can. I'm positive I won't be able to do the hardest versions of everything they do, but they give lots of suggestions to simplify the workouts.



I plan to watch the video the night before, getting any supplies ready that I might need, and preparing mentally for what's ahead, and then do the workout in the morning.


I don't want anyone to get in over their head and then feel like they can't do it, so if no one wants to do it with me, that's fine. But I just thought I'd check because I think it would be fun to do it along with each other and post our results. I'm going to keep a journal of my daily results, but I might write them here on the blog, too. You do certain moves for 50 seconds and then rest for 10, so you write down how many of each exercise you completed in that amount of time. The workout for tomorrow is only 7 minutes (it's a fitness test).





Like I said, I'm going into this knowing that I'm not extremely fit, so if I can only get two or three of the moves into that 50 seconds, that's okay. It will be fun to see how much you improve after 30 days! Sometimes, the challanges are timed, so instead of trying to fit as much as you can into the 50 seconds, you have to complete a certain amount of reps and you just write down how long it took you to complete the whole workout. So, what takes one person 13 minutes to complete may take another person 35 minutes. Does this sound like something any of you would like to do, too? It's a great challenge! Click here to check it out. Scroll to the bottom of the page, to see Day 1 Week 1, where I'll be starting tomorrow, and tell me what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Looks cool! I'll give it a go! I'm going to try to do the fitness test tonight, that way I can be on the same track as you. ps. in that video you told us to scroll down to, did she toot while she was doing 'straight abs'? hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i don't know. i'll have to watch it again.

    yea!! i'm so happy you're going to try it too. i'm really excited about it because i think it will give me the toning i'm looking for, but i'm also a little nervous and i think it would help to have someone do it with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm dying laughing sare. i watched the video about ten times and never even noticed that. i don't know if she DID, but it sure sounded like it. it didn't seem to phase her though, so either she's really good at being nonchalant or she didn't do it. or maybe it was the cameraman. : ) i'm about to post my fit test results in a post, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have an interval timer? I had Eric get an app for his phone. As long as I work out when he's not working, i'm good. But for anyone interested, I found a place where you can use an interval timer for free online.
    http://www.online-stopwatch.com/interval-timer/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, that's what I was going to say. i used the online timer too, but i think i'm going to buy myself the interval timer as an incentive to reach my goals. as these workouts get harder, i think it will REALLY come in handy. it's not easy looking at the computer screen every few seconds to see if time's up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WAIT. i used the same site but i didn't realize they had an INTERVAL timer so i just set a timer for 7 minutes and had to keep checking to see if my 50 seconds were up. it was a hassle. this'll be really nice, because you can even save your timers! thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete