Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's for dinner?

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

We made Pizza last night, using cauliflower for the crust! Pretty cool, I thought. And it was actually a success! The boys weren't too sure about it at first, but Colse ended up really liking it. (Griff didn't love it). Brad thought it was delicious, too. I thought it was pretty good, but I think it kind of upset my stomach. Really good if you're trying not to eat too much bread. It really

wasn't hard to make, either. I think it was easier than making your own bread crust. Go here for the recipe.




Honey Lime Chicken (5 ingredients)


One night we had the YUMMIEST healthy dinner. I was in heaven. I love when you can find healthy recipes that actually have lots of flavor. We had Honey Lime Chicken and Quinoa. I found the chicken recipe HERE and I made the quinoa with the recipe on the box:

Quinoa Pilaf
1/2 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup green onions, diced
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup green pepper, diced (i left it out because i didn't have any)
1/4 cup red pepper, diced
6 cups quinoa, cooked using basic recipe
1/4 cup butter, or olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup almonds, sliced
1/4 tsp. oregano
salt to taste
  • saute veggies in butter or oil until crisp; stir in oregano. add sauteed veggies to cooked quinoa, mix well. salt to taste. add almonds. serves 6.

Tonight, we're having Weight Watchers Skinny Enchiladas

Recipe here. I'll tell you how it goes after tonight.

1 comment:

  1. yummmm...thanks for the recipes. I love trying new healthy recipes, especially ones with quinoa!

    ReplyDelete