Monday, January 16, 2012

More healthy breakfasts and my two cents

I'm starting to get compliments on the way I look and I feel a lot better in my clothes. I also have more energy for everything I have to do in a day. I just bought a new pair of black TIGHT jeans to reward myself and I'm absolutely loving the pay off from eating right. On the scale I've maybe lost 2 pounds (I fluctuate back and forth so sometimes I don't even think I've lost ANY), but I don't care too much about the scale. My jeans tell me I look good and that makes me happy. I've tried a few more healthy breakfasts lately. Here's the rundown on what we thought and where you can find the recipes:

Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes.

I was so impressed by these pancakes. They're very healthy. No flour and only two T. of sugar! Healthy healthy! I was so surprised that my boys LOVED them and wanted more when we ran out, and little Penelope (1 year) loved them too. She had 3! I opted out of syrup and just had a couple frozen (thawed of course) strawberries on the side.


Brownie Batter Pancakes. These definitely TASTED healthy, but I used wheat flour instead of 'spelt flour', like it called for. I looked up spelt flour and it supposedly has a sweeter flavor, without the added calories, so maybe that would make a difference. My family and I DID like them, however, just not as much as the Biggest Loser ones. AND we all agreed that these ones NEEDED the fruit to taste good, but the boys preferred the Biggest Loser ones without fruit, so I think that's a good sign.


Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich (I used Almond Butter instead).
I actually had this for lunch, not breakfast (it's like a replacement for grilled cheese). I thought it was surprisingly tasty. I've had banana/peanut butter sandwiches before, but I like that this one was grilled, because there's that extra crunch that I love AND it melted the [almond] butter, which was really tasty. Also, it was nice that the recipe didn't call for a bunch of butter (like grilled cheese usually does). Just give a little spray with fat free PAM! Another, similar option, is the french toast in my previous post.


Bottom line: I will be making all of these again. Especially the biggest loser pancakes.

Biggest Loser Oatmeal Pancakes. Recipe from Biggest Loser Recipes. I need to spend some time trying more of the recipes on this site.
Brownie Batter Pancakes. Recipe from Skinny Taste.
Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich. Recipe from 1 fit chick.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I'll try the Biggest Loser pancakes and the sandwich. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm always looking for more breakfast ideas!

    ReplyDelete