Wednesday, September 25, 2013

workout tips, part 3

the last of my workout tips:

-posture.  it is amazing what posture can do for you.  something else I'm working on.  I tend to slouch but I look ten times better when I stick my chest out and lift my head to the sky.  Look in the mirror and try it.  I remind myself often throughout the day, to stand or sit up tall.  It feels a little strange but the more you do it, the more natural it will become.

-don't just go through the motions.  visualize your muscles and squeeze the ones you're working.  Stay FOCUSED throughout.  if your mind starts wandering you won't get as good of a workout. push yourself! set tiny goals within your workout.  'i'm going to go .5 more miles on the treadmill' and when you reach it, say, 'just .2 more'.  or add an extra set of squats after you finish what you had planned to do.  use enough weight that it's not easy for you and you're fatigued by the last rep.

-stretch.  it's really important to stretch GOOD.  don't just lean over each leg for 2 seconds and swing your arms around and call it good.  really sit in the stretch for awhile.  take deep breaths and go deeper on every exhale.  try to sit in each stretch for 5 breaths.  Stretching helps get you the long, lean muscles we all strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment